Founded in 1875, Providence St. Vincent hospital has served patients in the greater Portland area as Providence Health System’s largest hospital in Oregon. Due to the need for additional surgery space, Providence and Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) joined forces to develop plans for a new Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC).
The ASC marks Providence’s fifth outpatient surgery center in the greater Portland area and contains four operating rooms. More than 4,000 patients are anticipated to be treated in the ASC each year for urology, otolaryngology, neurosurgery and gynecology needs.
Designed by PKA Architects and built by Lease Crutcher Lewis , the 20,000-square-foot expansion is located on the first floor of the east medical office building. The project includes new mechanical and electrical rooms and a new emergency power feeder that was routed from the central generator plant. Work included the remodel of existing suites and five operating rooms and a new air handler system. Work was completed in an occupied hospital setting and required strict and required strict PCRS/ICRA/ILSM procedures.