- Construction activities kept pace through the Holiday season on all three buildings. We continued to progress and even reached a few milestones:
- Tower Cranes: We erected our two tower cranes on 16th and 17th of December. They will be operational until the end of 2019.
- Building A: Excavation has completed and we are preparing for our slab on grade pour to occur next week, 1/22/19. We will be completely out of the dirt at that point on all three buildings.
- Building B-South: We placed our first suspended deck at Building B-South on 1/8/19 and will be finishing the Level 1 deck at the start of next week.
- Building C: In order to unburden the Sound Transit tunnel below this site, we over-excavated by five feet and on 12/20/18 we back-filled the site with lightweight concrete (which is less dense than the packed soil we removed). On 1/9/18 we placed a large mat slab that covers the north portion of the site over the top of the Sound Transit tunnel.
As the viaduct closure begins, we are working with SDOT to maintain consistent access in and around the site so we do not impact traffic conditions.