James “Jim” Crutcher began his career with Lewis in 1957 working on the construction of Seattle’s Lincoln High School. Starting as a project engineer, he worked his way up to the role of President and led the company from 1983 until 1989. Jim has served more than 60 years with Lewis and is currently Chairman Emeritus for the Board of Directors. For much of his career, Jim has focused on community service and building better communities. He has served on a number of boards including several positions with the AGC, Pacific NW Bank, Virginia Mason Medical Center and as past President of the Seattle Golf Club. In 1995, Jim was inducted into the University of Washington’s inaugural Construction Hall of Fame. Jim has three children, seven grandchildren and enjoys spending his free time gardening, golfing and reading—especially current events and U.S. History.