This senior-level position will require tenacity, strong interpersonal skills, and relevant experience leading largescale healthcare construction projects. Our Senior Project Manager in our Healthcare Market will play a key leadership role in developing others, building relationships in our community, and driving innovation and excellence.
This is a construction project management position.
At Lewis, where every employee is an owner, our people are empowered to make decisions – big and small – to meet the goals of our clients. We are passionate about our work and driven to build quality buildings that stand the test of time. With fulfillment as one of our six core values, Lewis has a collaborative and supportive culture committed to the success and development of our people.
About The Position
Lease Crutcher Lewis has an exciting position available for a Senior Project Manager (SPM) in our Portland Office! Partnering closely with our Director of Corporate and Healthcare and using years of demonstrated experience running large healthcare construction projects, you will be looked at as a subject matter expert, developer of others, and a strategist in our Healthcare Market.
Primary Functions and Essential Responsibilities
- Lead marketing and business development activities, in collaboration with the Director of Corporate and Healthcare.
- Own the sales process, crafting a “Win Strategy” including creating content for written proposals.
- Find opportunities to highlight Lewis value propositions in target market.
- Responsible for providing management and oversight for a single large project or multiple small to medium sized construction projects.
- Lead projects from preconstruction through close-out and warranty periods.
- Lead the bid/budget process.
- Coordinate peer reviews and project performance audits on assigned projects to ensure successful outcomes.
- Supervise production and maintenance of construction schedules.
- Actively contribute to safety-based planning during the preconstruction and planning phase.
- Collaborate with safety personnel and Project Superintendent to promote our safety culture across all jobs.
- Mentor employees in their career development and personal fulfillment.
- Collaborate with operational leadership to accomplish shared goals.
- Bring a desire to understand client’s operation and processes.
- Use a collaborative approach to problem solving. Identify and positively resolve team conflicts.
In Order to Succeed in this Role
- 7+ years of general construction management experience, preferably working with GMP contracts
- Must have experience leading healthcare projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field
- Experience in preconstruction planning, estimating, subcontractor bidding and scheduling
- Solid understanding and experience in Timberline, Primavera or MS Project, and/or Bluebeam is preferable
- Experience in leading teams with excellent interpersonal skills
A 100% employee-owned general contractor, LEWIS offers a comprehensive healthcare plan with medical, dental, and vision coverage. Our employer-funded Lifestyle Spending Account supports physical wellness for employees and their pets, and our employer-funded Headspace membership supports mental wellness. We also offer a generous Health Savings Account with annual employer sponsored contributions. LEWIS provides support for a financially healthy future, including our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (enrollment covered at no cost to you) and a 401(k) with a competitive matching program. To support employee philanthropic efforts, employees are eligible for volunteer PTO and charitable giving matching programs. Other, position-specific perks may apply.Apply Now Share