At Lewis where an employee is an owner, our people are empowered to make decisions—big and small—to meet the goals of our clients. Our promise: “Every Decision. Every Detail. Every Day.” means we are passionate about getting it right, day in and day out, and driven to deliver cool projects and build quality buildings that stand the test of time. With fulfillment as one of our six core values, Lewis has a collaborative and supportive culture committed to the success and development of our people.
We are looking for a Project Executive for our Self Perform Structural Concrete business unit. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to make a big impact on the business and on a team!
Who We Are Seeking…
Experienced. You have a solid understanding of overall profitability and are able to deliver successful outcomes on all assigned projects.
Relationship Focused. You understand the power of relationships! You provide direction and support to Project Engineers, Superintendents and Project Managers from Preconstruction to closeout. You are also well versed in cultivating external relationships.
Business Oriented. You are a leader who believes in what the company is doing. You are comfortable creating and maintaining business systems, and processes that support achievement of the company vision, mission and strategic objectives.
Primary Functions and Essential Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies for obtaining new project opportunities. Identify potential clients and project leads in targeted segments, research background data, prioritize pursuits with other Project Executives, and coordinate efforts with Marketing and Precon groups.
- Leads negotiated sales efforts including differentiation strategy, proposal management and interview preparation.
- Oversees all assigned project bids and new work proposals. Leans on the estimating team in preparing budgets and proposals.
- Maintains positive working relationships with clients & architect and/or engineer contacts to facilitate successful project execution.
- Establishes effective relationships with clients, vendors, design teams, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support Company core values and meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Effectively leads project teams to achieve optimum results on projects and the highest levels of team accomplishment. Supports and fosters effective communication between field and office teams.
- Responsible for fostering company safety culture and accountability on all projects.
- Leads and motivates diverse teams to achieve high levels of performance. Establishes and fosters team environment.
- Identifies and communicates staffing needs, participates in company recruitment efforts, identifying candidates and persuading them to join the company.
- Provides stewardship for, and is actively engaged in, company initiatives such as mentoring, succession planning and the development of team members for future career opportunities.
- Oversees the development of a comprehensive Project Schedule, regular updates, and handles delays to assure all projects are completed within the contractual duration.
- Directs multiple projects in various stages of development.
- Oversees performance of project(s) including: project status, schedule, cost control, and change management systems.
- Reviews work of Project Managers to ensure client satisfaction, contract terms, schedule terms and safety are consistent with Company agreements and policies.
- Periodically represents Lewis and/or the Division to report on current events and key performance indicators.
- Advises and champions continuous improvement to enhance and improve company procedures, practices, policies.
In Order to Succeed in this Role
- 15+ years of industry experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Extensive experience and knowledge working with regulatory agencies throughout the critical construction process.
- Lead multiple projects at once while maintaining high levels of performance on cost, quality, and safety.
- Lead and perform as necessary all aspects of construction operations and sales including proposals, interviews, estimating, scheduling, cost management, buyout, contract negotiations, and staff management.
- Working knowledge of BIM required.
- Ability to hire, develop, and lead high-performance teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and project management software required; preferred Primavera (P6) or Microsoft Project. Familiarity with CMiC or other project planning tools is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in business development and sales.
- Ability to take on complex problems in a collaborative, team-based culture.
A 100% employee-owned general contractor, LEWIS offers a comprehensive healthcare plan with medical, dental, and vision coverage. Our employer-funded Lifestyle Spending Account supports physical wellness for employees and their pets, and our employer-funded Headspace membership supports mental wellness. We also offer a generous Health Savings Account with annual employer sponsored contributions. LEWIS provides support for a financially healthy future, including our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (enrollment covered at no cost to you) and a 401(k) with a competitive matching program. To support employee philanthropic efforts, employees are eligible for volunteer PTO and charitable giving matching programs. Other, position-specific perks may apply.
Wage range: $170,000-$190,000, depending on experience.
Lease Crutcher Lewis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of, and will not be discriminated against, based on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. #FP1Apply Now Share