As a Project Engineer, you will assist the Project Manager with the planning and day-to-day execution of the construction project. You will be responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, by completing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, maintaining schedules and budgets.
About the Position:
Lewis Project Engineers are integral members of project teams! They work closely with project managers, superintendents, company craftspeople and subcontractors with primary responsibilities that include cost management and quality control.
At Lewis, where every employee is an owner, our people are empowered to make decisions – big and small – to meet the goals of our clients. We are passionate about our work and driven to build quality buildings that stand the test of time. With fulfillment as one of our six core values, Lewis has a collaborative and supportive culture committed to the success and development of our people.
A 100% employee-owned company, Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefits, like medical, dental, and vision.
Primary functions and essential responsibilities
Project Engineering and Document Control
- Solid understanding of project estimating
- Solid understanding of project schedule
- Work with Senior Project Engineer and Project Manager to prepare scope of work instructions, technical requirements and bid packages for subcontractor and vendor items
- Use the project management system to expedite, review and approve shop drawings, submittals and safety requirements
- Distribute approved submittals to pertinent subcontractors
- Ensure that assigned materials and equipment are released for fabrication with adequate lead time to accommodate the required jobsite delivery date, designated by the Superintendent
- Acquire and check subcontractor pricing and assist in assembling change quotations as directed by the Lead Project Engineer or Project Manager
- Solid understanding of project contract documents
- Write field questions and expedite answers from Architect to allow the assigned components of the work to be fabricated and installed in the most efficient manner
- Assist in documenting changes, maintain project record drawings and specifications
Relationships and Communication
- Build effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers and user groups that reflect company core values
- Adopt a communicative and collaborative approach with all team members, clients, and trade partners
- Exhibit outstanding writing skills
- Receive and distribute information on clarifications and changes in the work
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes as advised by the Senior Project Engineer or Project Manager
In order to succeed in this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field or equivalent years of experience required
- 3+ years of general contracting experience, preferably with experience on large commercial building projects
- Proficiency in programs such as Revit and Bluebeam
- Prior experience with MEP systems coordination and complex structure is preferred
- Creative problem solving and excellent communication skills
Salary: $75,000 – $100,000
A 100% employee-owned general contractor, Lease Crutcher Lewis offers a comprehensive healthcare plan with medical, dental, and vision coverage. Our employer-funded Lifestyle Spending Account supports physical wellness for employees and their pets, and our employer-funded Headspace membership supports mental wellness. We also offer a generous Health Savings Account with annual employer sponsored contributions. Lease Crutcher Lewis provides support for a financially healthy future, including our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (enrollment covered at no cost to you) and a 401(k) with a competitive matching program. To support employee philanthropic efforts, employees are eligible for volunteer PTO and charitable giving matching programs.
Lease Crutcher Lewis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of, and will not be discriminated against, based on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. #LI-POST #FP1Apply Now Share