Senior Project Manager - Seattle
Reports to: Division Manager
Functional Contacts: Main Office Estimators, Project Managers, Controller, Safety Director
Direct Reports: Superintendents, Project Engineers, Operations Assistants, Site Safety
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for all aspects of the construction project.
- Coordinate and direct the estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, construction and quality assurance activities of the project.
- Examine all construction documents, as they are issued, for constructibility, completeness of information, design deficiencies and code violations. Inform the Project Engineer of the shortcomings for resolution with the design engineer.
- Organize and coordinate scope of work instructions, technical requirements, and bid packages for subcontractor and vendor items.
- Review and approve bids and budgets. Have a complete understanding of the project estimate.
- Have complete knowledge of the contract, general conditions, and subcontract documents.
- Establish administrative procedures for the project in the area of personnel, contracts and construction.
- Organize and train the field and office staff to properly perform their duties. Produce and publish a project organization chart indicating staff relationships and lines of responsibilities.
- Hold weekly staff meetings for the jobsite office organization. Ensure that all staff members receive communication and functional information on a timely and regular basis.
- Give instruction and maintain efficient project management systems, subcontractor controls, scheduling techniques, material handling and technical know-how programs on assigned projects.
- Initiate and supervise the production and maintenance of all construction schedules.
- Organize and ensure expediting of submittals and field questions, and receipt of subcontractor required insurance certificates, bonds, site-specific safety plans, and MSDS information.
- Ensure that the owner/architect/contractor meeting minutes are recorded and distributed within three (3) days following the meeting.
- Review and approve all subcontract and supply agreement drafts.
- Review and approve all owner change orders.
- Approve all subcontractor, supplier, and material invoices for payment.
- Assure that Applications for Payment are promptly submitted, payments are received, and funds are properly disbursed.
- Organize and oversee job cost and labor detail reporting on a regular basis. Involve the Project Superintendent and field foremen in the collection and analysis of man-hour, material and equipment cost forecasting.
- Organize and coordinate the bi-monthly reports and presentations.
- Promote the return to work program. Monitor the condition and recovery progress of all workers injured on the project.
- Be knowledgeable, adhere to and promote all company policies in regard to personnel, housekeeping, quality management, safety, administration, labor relations, reporting, public relations, EEO, insurance, bonds, and taxes.
- Administer performance appraisals with assigned direct reports. Ensure the development of all personnel assigned the project by monitoring performance, reviewing evaluations, and varying assignments. Provide career path counseling and promote a positive project morale.
- Keep the Project Executive or Division Manager informed on all significant matters of the project, including progress, safety, financial status, and relationships.
- Establish and maintain professional and effective relations with the owner and architect/engineers.
- Alert and advise senior management of potential business development activities and/or future opportunities.
- Produce a final project debrief report at the completion of each project.
- Oversee all follow-up services on the project after completion, including punchlist items, warranty calls, and other service requests from the client.
- Train your replacement.
Please send a resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org