Senior Project Engineer - Portland
Reports To: Project Manager
Functional Contacts: Superintendent
Direct Reports: Project Engineers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have working knowledge of the contract documents. Review all drawings and specifications for design inconsistencies and conflicts.
- Distribute all information required for construction to appropriate parties including construction drawings, specifications and work packages.
- Have working knowledge of the project estimate and assist Project Manager to ensure that the line item descriptions properly relate to the contract documents.
- Have working knowledge of the project schedule and computerized scheduling systems. Work with Project Manager and Superintendent to input, update, cost load and resource load as required.
- Assist Project Manager in preparing scope of work instructions, technical requirements and bid packages for subcontractor and vendor items.Draft subcontracts and supply agreements as instructed by the Project Manager. Make recommendations for awards.
- Secure and maintain all permits, licenses, bonds and insurance certificates which are required to perform the work in concert with Project Manager.
- Initiate the computerized Project Management System. Prepare a schedule of submittal deadlines and required approval dates.Expedite, review and approve all shop drawings and submittals.
- Assist Project Manager in expediting submittal and review of subcontractor required insurance certificates, bonds, site specific safety plans and MSDS information.
- Ensure that all materials and equipment are released for fabrication in adequate lead time to accommodate the required jobsite delivery date.
- Record and distribute meeting minutes for the weekly Owner/Architect/Contractor coordination meeting.
- Work with Project Manager to schedule and coordinate the preparation of all estimates. Compile Change Orders for submission to the Owner.
- Maintain and issue status logs for all field questions, RFI’s, changes, work orders, and T&M work.
- Document all as-built changes, maintain project record drawings and specifications.
- Perform labor and material cost forecasting as delegated by the Project Manager. Assist the Project Superintendent with cost at completion and man-hour forecasts.
- Work with the Project Manager and Superintendent to prepare the monthly cost report.
- Work with Project Manager in preparation of the monthly payment request.
- Review, approve, and cost code subcontractor and supplier billings prior to approval by the Superintendent and Project Manager. Track materialmen’s notices and verify payments to subcontractor’s subtier contractors and suppliers.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent in the preparation and presentation of the bi-monthly reports.
- Be familiar with the company policies on personnel, quality management, safety, EEO, labor, bonds and insurance, and assist in their successful implementation.
- Exhibit superior writing skills. Receive, review and distribute all correspondence to and from the Owner and Architect.
- Be a leader in open communication with team members. Promote good relations with all parties related to the project.
- Work with the Project Manager and Superintendent in directing Project Engineers. Perform regular (weekly) work review sessions with each support engineer.
- Set up project close-out procedures and manage the close-out process. Expedite submittal and review of subcontractor close-out requirements.
- Train replacement.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org