Lewis is seeking a detail-oriented and computer-savvy VDC Detailer to join as part of our Operations team. As VDC Detailer, you have an exceptional ability to perform technical tasks in Revit and AutoCAD software and can create and modify a variety of models for a variety of commercial construction projects. You will have the opportunity to work closely with several teams, providing relevant information onsite to project Superintendents and Foremen, as well as assisting Project Engineers with general BIM tech support. You may also provide occasional support for the precon and marketing teams. This position reports directly to the Senior VDC Coordinator.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishing and maintaining project coordinates
- Coordination of all BIM logistics (contacts, emails, communication, file sharing, etc.
- Create and maintain federated models for many purposes (PE review models, field inspection models, punch list background models, field instruction models)
- General review and documentation of design documents and coordination conflicts
- Provide general BIM tech support for project engineers
- Field CQC support, resolving field disputes through model verification
- Verifying with field crews that they have the most current coordinated information
- Provide modeling for change order verification. ROMs, scope holes in modeling efforts, design team support, etc.
- BIM data enrichment and management
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Computer knowledge and proficiency, including Revit, Navisworks, Bluebeam (Project and Studio), AutoCAD, Sketchup, Point Layout and Microsoft Office
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in construction. Architecture or Engineering-related field using Revit and Navisworks preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent decision-making / problem-solving skills
- Ability to adhere to company standards
- Ability to contribute to the Lean process
- Foster and encourage a diverse and inclusive workplace
At Lewis where every employee is an owner, our people are empowered to make decisions—big and small—to meet the goals of our clients. Our promise: “Every Decision. Every Detail. Every Day.” means we are passionate about getting it right, day in and day out, and driven to deliver cool projects and build quality buildings that stand the test of time. With fulfillment as one of our six core values, Lewis has a collaborative and supportive culture committed to the success and development of our people.
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefits.Apply Now Share