General Construction Superintendent
Lewis is seeking a Superintendent eager to step into a leadership role on active construction sites and as well as in our Portland office. Lewis Superintendents are vital members of our project teams and act as the liaison between project team members and our clients. You’ll be responsible for all field operations, including monitoring all field procedures, safety, work methods, productivity, quality, labor cost projections and subcontractor staffing requirements. At Lewis, safety for all our employees is our number one priority, therefore it is essential for the Superintendent to demonstrate and uphold our Safety Culture.
Our ideal candidate goes beyond the listed functions and responsibilities – we are looking for someone who is dedicated to project success. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multitask a variety of tasks for your projects.
If you are looking for a position that provides development and leadership opportunities and the tasks below sound fulfilling, we would love to hear from you.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the consistent practice of Lewis’ Safety Culture as part of the daily operating procedures
- Ensures daily inspections, JHA’s, Pre-Task Planning, Toolbox Talks, RCA’s, etc. are standard operating procedure
- Addresses lack of accountability or alignment to Lewis’ Safety Culture quickly and appropriately
- Manage field projects of the field and internal teams to ensure that projects are delivered safely, on time, on budget, and with high-quality results
- Ensures project schedules, site logistics and client schedule commitments are met
- Provide constructability reviews and site logistics development
- Perform safety audits and address safety concerns as they arise
Leadership and Communication
- Recruit, mentor, develop and retain the best Foreman and tradespeople in the industry
- Mentor and develop Foreman and Craft Labor in their career growth with Lewis
- Champion company initiatives and communications to field teams on a consistent and regular basis
- Manages conflict well, finding the cause of issues and providing prompt solutions
- Addresses performance issues decisively and objectively
- Foster and encourage a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Utilize technologies (ProCore, SurTrack, BlueBeam, etc.) to optimize work product and create efficiencies
- Stay informed of and updated, to report on new construction technologies
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Minimum of 5 years relevant general contracting experience leading commercial construction projects
- Mastery of building processes and best practices is required; familiarity with all types of structural buildings is essential
- Ability to organize necessary resources, people, processes, time and tools to meet tight schedules, client expectations and conflicting priorities to achieve desired results
- Ability to master project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite, BlueBeam, and SurTrak
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, with a strong focus on audience appropriate business writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrate integrity consistent with the Lease Crutcher Lewis which includes Safety, which is Lewis’ #1 value
- Strong leadership qualities, self-motivated and a team player
- Strong problem-solving skills; Deadline and detail-oriented
This position requires work on active commercial construction sitesApply Now Share