Lewis is a premier general contractor located in the Puget Sound and Portland area. We work with highly visible clients and our portfolio includes projects like Rainier Square Tower, the Seattle Opera House, and animal habitats at the Portland Zoo. We have a small, collaborative IT team that strives to provide reliable, time-sensitive service to all areas of Lewis so the company can continue to do what it does best – deliver construction services of exceptional value for our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to help us design and implement a cloud-based refresh for our server and storage architecture. In this role you will be responsible for network, server, and storage design, implementation, and day-to-day support. You will help assure our systems are secure, reliable, and effective. In addition to supporting office computing, you will provide direct support to construction jobsites of all kinds including on-site visits. You will be a partner in our desktop management and an escalation point for our Service Desk staff.
This position may provide day to day work management and prioritization to other IT staff in support roles as directed. It may also require some travel to Portland, OR but will be located in Seattle, WA. Position reports to Director of Information Technology. If you are interested in a great opportunity we want to hear from you.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Network and security planning
- Network equipment maintenance: Monitor and manage firewalls, switches, gateways, Wi-Fi equipment, and various Lewis communication links and circuits
- Direct on-site support for jobsites
- Outage response and analysis
- Strategic look at servers and storage – on and off-premises
- Server Management – maintenance and monitoring. Includes managing VM hosts.
- Significant interface and guidance role with Managed Service Provider
- Manage print, plot, and other devices
- Selecting and managing firewalls, virus detection, and other software designed to protect Lewis from cybersecurity incidents
- Serve as a primary member of the Lewis technical staff in a cybersecurity incident
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information services, management information systems, or related field and 7 years of work in technology job related duties
- Demonstrated ability to manage large IT projects and systems
- Demonstrated high-level of skill in both verbal and written communication, including ability to convey technical issues to non-technical individuals
- IT Project Management or scrum master certification and ITIL Version 4 certification or similar credential is required
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize competing demands and execute tasks in a fast-paced operating environment
- Working knowledge of desktop and mobile hardware/software and network/internet connectivity
- Skilled in system integrations
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills and strong customer service orientation
- Detailed oriented and well organized with ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to meet timelines, milestones, and deliverables in a timely manner
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees while inspiring respect and credibility
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team and follow directions accurately
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Travel to construction job sites is required as well as occasional travel between office locations
- Ability to support a 24/7 rotating emergency call list
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefits
Apply Now Share