At Lewis where an employee is an owner, our people are empowered to make decisions—big and small—to meet the goals of our clients. Our promise: “Every Decision. Every Detail. Every Day.” means we are passionate about getting it right, day in and day out, and driven to deliver cool projects and build quality buildings that stand the test of time. With fulfillment as one of our six core values, Lewis has a collaborative and supportive culture committed to the success and development of our people.
Traditionally, design documents have been prepared by the Architect and their design consultants through four primary phases of development: programing, schematic, design development, and contract documents. In today’s demanding and dynamic world, design documentation is more often driven by procurement and permitting milestones. Additionally, design-build trade partners are doing an increasing amount of design development through their fabrication documents. To speed delivery, improve quality and collaboration, reduce redundancies, and create more opportunities for pre-fabrication, the design and construction process must become more integrated.
WHO WE ARE SEEKING
An inspiring leader, integrator and manager who can seize this opportunity, drive value for our clients, and transform the way the industry delivers projects. To realize this vision, the ideal candidate is:
Experienced. You have a strong understanding of both the design and construction processes and have successfully delivered projects using collaborative and integrated methodologies.
Passionate. You are passionate about the built environment. You love getting your boots dirty and supporting our people in the field so they can successfully deliver the designer’s vision for the project.
Change Agent. You understand our clients’ goals and drive value through innovation and creativity. You successfully communicate new ideas with enthusiasm, inspiring others to create a better future.
Collaborative. You respect the expertise and contributions of every team member and provide the leadership, systems and process to achieve extraordinary outcomes, as a team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
Lewis seeks challenging and complex projects to which we can add substantial value. Our preconstruction efforts foster alignment, teamwork and cooperation within the overall project team to make each project a success. We strive to understand our clients’ key project drivers and champion the team to deliver on them. We seek pathways for the team to be successful through a collaborative development of the design, an efficient progression through entitlements and permitting, an uncompromised achievement of budget and schedule goals, a coordinated procurement and detailing of the work, and a thorough pre-planning of the construction.
As Sr. Design-Construction Integrator, you will provide leadership, guidance and work plans that ensure we achieve these goals through an integrated design and construction process. You’ll help differentiate Lewis externally as an inspiring leader, industry expert, creative problem solver, and innovator. You’ll strategically engage in project pursuits, proposal responses, and interviews across multiple market sectors. You’ll lead teams through efficient, collaborative design development, procurement, permitting, estimating, scheduling and project planning that become complete, coordinated, buildable project designs prepared for construction.
- Align the entire design and construction team around our clients’ definition of success. Coordinate the efforts of the team to deliver program objectives, schedule milestones, budget targets and other common goals.
- Plan and manage an efficient design process that consistently delivers complete, coordinated, and buildable designs for our craftspeople. Optimize design deliverables to achieve permitting milestones, phased procurement of trade partners and prefabrication opportunities. Define “level of design” responsibilities between design professionals and trade partners optimizing each’s expertise and eliminating redundancies.
- Develop comprehensive project schedule through pull-planning sessions with the design team and trade partners. Hold team partners accountable to their collective commitments.
- Identify and manage project risks collectively as a team including financing, budget, schedule, constructability and procurement risks.
- Incorporate the wisdom of our builders into thoughtful constructability, means and methods, logistics, phasing, scheduling, sequencing, hoisting and safety considerations that drive early decisions and optimize our projects.
- Guide the Lewis virtual design and construction (VDC) team with design-team collaboration to development integrated construction documents, development of assembly drawings for self-performed work, federated model management, detection and resolution of design clashes, survey work, QA/QC and pragmatic innovation.
- Ensure a seamless transition from preconstruction to construction. Maintain connectivity throughout construction and closeout, confirming that project teams understand and implement preconstruction’s planning. Track actual performance metric against plan and incorporate the data into our future planning and budgeting efforts.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A highly collaborative and entrepreneurial organization that provides the stage to make an impact on day one
- A dedicated, diverse, passionate, and fun team
- A group of individuals who love to learn and discover new things
- A long legacy of commitment to our people and our community
- Competitive benefits and career development opportunities
Wage range: $140,000-$180,000, depending on experience.
Lease Crutcher Lewis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of, and will not be discriminated against, based on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. #FP1Apply Now Share