You believe in a collaborative approach to keeping people safe. You enjoy building relationships with project team members, trade partners, and craft employees. You demonstrate your extensive safety experience in construction by sharing innovative ideas and developing safety professionals around you.
About the Position
Every Lewis employee is personally accountable for protecting ourselves and our co-workers from harm, and mutually committed to safe execution. Safety is Lewis’ #1 value, and we are committed to zero incidents on all projects. Our Safety Manager will proactively own the site safety plan with a focus on eliminating hazards through pre-planning. They will work closely with the Safety Team and Project Team to provide training support and coordination. This role is an integral part of the Project Team.
At Lewis, where every employee is an owner, our people are empowered to make decisions – big and small – to meet the goals of our clients. We are passionate about our work and driven to build quality buildings that stand the test of time. With fulfillment as one of our six core values, Lewis has a collaborative and supportive culture committed to the success and development of our people.
Primary Functions and Essential Responsibilities
Site Specific Safety Plan and Safety Audits
- Develop the site specific safety plan for the project alongside the project team; ensure subcontractors and vendors implement their safety plans and comply with Lewis’
- Ensure safety boards, equipment and site-specific materials are supplied at each site.
- Manage Accident Prevention Program and update codes and regulations as needed.
- Oversee job site SafetyNet and general safety audits, ensuring corrective safety observations are documented and safety violations are corrected immediately.
- Facilitate RCA’s and communicate findings to all Lewis employees.
- Represent Lewis in matters relating to OSHA citations.
Technical Expertise and Documentation
- Complete SafetyNet and RCA analyses, identify trends, recommend corrective action, and provide updates to Lewis Leadership Team.
- Create and distribute project specific safety performance reports to all Project Managers and Superintendents on a monthly basis.
- Ensure accurate documentation of safety plans, procedures, violations, and corrective action.
- Support Site Safety Coordinators.
- Provide advice and guidance on safe work practices.
- Foster and promote a company-wide healthy safety culture.
In Order to Succeed in this Role
- 5+ years of experience in a safety role, preferably in construction;
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Environmental Health and Sciences, Occupational Safety, or related field;
- Certified in OSHA 30; OSHA 510; CPR/ First Aid;
- Computer proficiency required; experience with SafetyNet or other safety tracking and reporting systems is preferred;
- Working knowledge of Worker’s Compensation regulations; Department of Occupational Safety & Health rules and regulations; and the ability to identify and resolve safety hazards is required. Experience in Claims management and proper documentation is required;
- Technical knowledge of the following is required: Asbestos exposure; Lead exposure; Flammable storage; Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (Hazwoper); Respirator fit training; Equipment – Crane, Scissor Lift, Boom Lift, Forklift, etc.; Rigging/ Signaling; Fall Protection; Confined Space; Scaffolding; Trench/Excavation; Blood-borne pathogens; Electrical safety; Defensive Driving; and Flagging.
- Proficient computer skills; and the ability to write pre-task plans, JHA and work plans.
- Ability to collect and interpret data and apply it in a practical approach.
- Required management skills include strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work and communicate effectively
- Proactive and responsive to job site needs and/or concerns and ability to resolve complex problems.
A 100% employee-owned general contractor, LEWIS offers a comprehensive healthcare plan with medical, dental, and vision coverage. Our employer-funded Lifestyle Spending Account supports physical wellness for employees and their pets, and our employer-funded Headspace membership supports mental wellness. We also offer a generous Health Savings Account with annual employer sponsored contributions. LEWIS provides support for a financially healthy future, including our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (enrollment covered at no cost to you) and a 401(k) with a competitive matching program. To support employee philanthropic efforts, employees are eligible for volunteer PTO and charitable giving matching programs. Other, position-specific perks may apply.Apply Now Share