It is the Project Manager’s (PM) responsibility to lead, manage, and report on one or more construction projects. In general, the PM will provide project leadership from marketing pursuit through project execution. Coordinating closely with Estimating support, Superintendent and providing leadership to Project Engineers.
The Project Manager for the Healthcare Market Sector will be conversant in key items specific to Healthcare Construction such as Infection Control, Interim Life Safety Measures and other specific MEP system requirements that are common with Healthcare spaces.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with clients and consultants in the Healthcare Market.
- Maintain contact with past clients – especially during periods of no current projects.
- Be a leader in assigned marketing and business development activities. Coordinate all marketing activities with the Marketing Manager.
- Review and respond to assigned RFP’s.
Project Management (Preconstruction Phase)
- Direct responsibility for all aspects of the construction project.
- Coordinate and direct the estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, construction, safety and quality assurance activities of the project.
- Examine all construction documents as they are issued, for constructability, completeness of information, design deficiencies and code violations
- Organize and coordinate scope of work instructions, safety requirements, technical requirements, and bid packages for subcontractor and vendor items.
- Review and approve bids and budgets. Have a complete understanding of the project estimate.
- Have complete knowledge of the contract, general conditions, and subcontract documents
- Establish administrative procedures for the project in the area of personnel, contracts, safety and construction.
Project Management (Construction Phase)
- Organize and support the field and office staff to properly perform their duties.
- Ensure that all staff members receive communication and functional information on a timely and regular basis.
- Actively contribute to safety-based planning during the preconstruction and planning phase.
- Promote a culture of safety at all times.
- Initiate and supervise the production and maintenance of all construction schedules with Project Superintendent.
- Lead and support project team in all aspects of timely buyout/contracting, procurement and administration of all aspects including but not limited to OAC meetings, management of Change Orders, RFI’s, Billings, Profit projections.
- Approve all subcontractor, supplier, and material invoices for payment.
- Assure that Applications for Payment are promptly submitted, payments are received, and funds are properly disbursed.
- Organize and oversee job cost and labor detail reporting on a regular basis. Involve the Project Superintendent and field foremen in the collection and analysis of man-hour, material, and equipment cost forecasting.
- Be knowledgeable, adhere to and promote all company policies in regard personnel, housekeeping, quality management, safety administration, labor relations, reporting, public relations, EEO, insurance, bonds, and taxes.
- Administer performance appraisals with assigned direct reports. Ensure the development of all personnel assigned the project by monitoring performance, reviewing evaluations, and varying assignments. Provide career path counseling and promote a positive project morale.
- Keep the Market Director informed on all significant matters of the project, including progress, safety, financial status, and relationships.
- Alert and advise senior management of potential business development activities and/or future opportunities.
- Oversee all follow-up services on the project after completion, including punch list items, warranty calls, and other service requests from the client
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Minimum of 3 years of general contracting management experience, preferably on negotiating GMP commercial building projects
- 3-5 years of experience specifically in Healthcare Construction preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field preferred
- Experience in preconstruction planning, estimating, subcontractor bidding and scheduling
- Strong knowledge and experience in Timberline, Primavera or MS Project, and/or Bluebeam is required
- Experience in leading teams with excellent communication skills
- OSHA 10
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification desired
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefits.Apply Now Share