You’ve built relationships across the Portland Metro with architects, construction managers, trade partners, and project teams. You’re passionate about creating winning strategies and developing people around you, and it shows. Join our highly collaborative leadership team in an employee-owned organization where everyone’s voice matters.
At Lewis, where every employee is an owner, our people are empowered to make decisions – big and small – to meet the goals of our clients. We are passionate about our work and driven to build quality buildings that stand the test of time. With fulfillment as one of our six core values, Lewis has a collaborative and encouraging culture committed to the success and development of our people. Here, we appreciate a healthy backlog, innovative projects, and the ability to do what we do best every day!
About The Position
Lewis Project Executives manage the overall profitability and success of each project and their business unit as a whole. You’ll have the opportunity to use your background as an engineer and project manager to mentor your teams. Your years of experience leading education projects will help you proactively solve problems, improve processes, and win work with the support of your Director and the Portland Leadership Team.
Primary functions and essential responsibilities
- Manage business development and sales, including developing and driving strategies for obtaining new projects by identifying potential leads
- Responsible for the overall direction, completion and financial outcomes of assigned projects
- Partner closely with executive leadership to negotiate contract terms
Leadership and Visioning
- Provide operational oversight and leadership for the Education Market Sector
- Contribute to the overall management of the Portland operation including company strategy planning and initiatives
- Serve as a leader with vision in your market segment, providing industry expertise, and representing Lewis at community and company sponsored events in alignment with Lewis’ strategy and goals
- Develop strategic, long-range plans to achieve segment objectives, while working to ensure that client expectations are met or exceeded
- Lead and empower diverse teams to succeed
In order to succeed in this role
- 7+ years of general construction management experience, preferably working with GMP contracts
- Must have experience leading healthcare projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field
- Experience in preconstruction planning, estimating, subcontractor bidding and scheduling
- Solid understanding and experience in Timberline, Primavera or MS Project, and/or Bluebeam is preferable
- Experience in leading teams with excellent interpersonal skills
A 100% employee-owned general contractor, LEWIS offers a comprehensive healthcare plan with medical, dental, and vision coverage. Our employer-funded Lifestyle Spending Account supports physical wellness for employees and their pets, and our employer-funded Headspace membership supports mental wellness. We also offer a generous Health Savings Account with annual employer sponsored contributions. LEWIS provides support for a financially healthy future, including our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (enrollment covered at no cost to you) and a 401(k) with a competitive matching program. To support employee philanthropic efforts, employees are eligible for volunteer PTO and charitable giving matching programs. Other, position-specific perks may apply.
Apply Now Share