As a Project Executive, you will be a leader and strategist for the Seattle Life Sciences Market Sector. The Project Executive provides leadership, direction and support to Project Engineers, Superintendents and Project Managers on multiple projects from preconstruction through close-out.
As the Project Executive, you are responsible for the overall profitability and success of each project and the business unit as a whole, and deliver successful outcomes on all assigned projects: achieving targeted metrics for safety, profitability, schedule adherence, quality and client relations. The Project Executive leads and/or participates in corporate duties as assigned, including creating and maintaining business systems, and processes that support achievement of vision, mission and strategic objectives. This position reports directly to the Director of Life Sciences.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute strategies for obtaining new project opportunities. Identify potential clients and project leads in targeted segments, research background data, prioritize pursuits with other Project Executives, and coordinate efforts with Marketing and Precon groups.
- Leads negotiated sales efforts including differentiation strategy, proposal management and interview preparation.
- Oversees all assigned project bids and new work proposals. Involves and utilizes the estimating team in preparing budgets and proposals.
- Maintains positive working relationships with clients & architect and/or engineer contacts to facilitate successful project execution.
- Builds effective relationships with clients, vendors, design teams, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support Company core values and meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community events to enhance the Lewis brand.
- Collaboratively leads project teams to achieve optimum results on projects and the highest levels of team Supports and fosters effective communication between field and office teams.
- Responsible for fostering company safety culture and accountability on all projects.
- Leads and motivates diverse teams to achieve high levels of performance. Establishes and fosters team environment.
- Identifies and communicates staffing needs, participates in company recruitment efforts, identifying candidates and persuading them to join the company.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to effectively surmount challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflicts.
- Leads by example with behaviors consistent with Lewis’ core values with a focus on contributions to the overall success of the company.
- Provides stewardship for, and is actively engaged in, company initiatives such as mentoring, succession planning and the development of team members for future career opportunities.
- Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of Company policies and procedures.
- Oversees the development of a comprehensive Project Schedule, regular updates, and manages delays to assure all projects are completed within the contractual duration.
- Directs multiple projects in various stages of development.
- Oversees performance of project(s) including: project status, schedule, cost control, and change management systems.
- Reviews work of Project Managers to ensure client satisfaction, contract terms, schedule terms and safety are consistent with Company agreements and policies.
- Periodically represents Lewis and/or the Division to report on current events and key performance indicators.
- Champions and promotes Company policies regarding employees, housekeeping, safety, administration, labor relations, reporting, and public relations.
- Advises and champions continuous improvement to enhance and improve company procedures, practices, policies.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 10 – 15 years of industry experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years, preferably 10 years of Life Science Sector specific experience is required.
- Experience in delivering cGMP manufacturing facilities, ISO level clean rooms, and/or vivarium space is preferred.
- Extensive experience and knowledge working with regulatory agencies throughout the critical construction process.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining high levels of performance on cost, quality, and safety.
- Proven ability to manage and perform as necessary all aspects of construction operations and sales including proposals, interviews, estimating, scheduling, cost management, buyout, contract negotiations, and staff management.
- Working knowledge of BIM required.
- Proven ability to hire, develop, and lead high-performance teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and project management software required; preferred Primavera (P6) or Microsoft Project. Familiarity with CMiC or other project planning tools is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in business development and sales.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative, team-based culture.
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefits.Apply Now Share