As a Project Executive, you will be a leader and strategist of private and corporate development for the housing and commercial office market segments, including related branding, business development and sales activities. The Project Executive provides leadership, direction and support to Project Engineers, Superintendents and Project Managers on multiple projects from preconstruction through close-out.
As the Project Executive, you are responsible for the overall profitability and success of each project and the business unit as a whole. You’ll deliver successful outcomes on all assigned projects, including: achieving targeted metrics for safety, profitability, schedule adherence, quality and client relations. The Project Executive leads and/or participates in corporate duties as assigned, including the creation and maintenance of business systems and processes that support achievement of vision, mission and strategic objectives. This position reports directly to the Vice President.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute strategies for obtaining new project opportunities. Identify potential clients and project leads in targeted segments, research background data, prioritize pursuits with other Project Executives, and coordinate efforts with Marketing and Precon groups.
- Oversee all assigned project bids and new work proposals. Involve and utilize the estimating team in preparing budgets and proposals.
- Lead negotiated sales efforts, including differentiation strategy, proposal management and interview preparation.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with clients, vendors, design teams, subcontractors, suppliers and user groups that reflect and support Company core values and meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participate in industry, client, and community events to enhance the Lewis brand.
Leadership and Strategic Planning
- Promote and ensure team compliance with all company and industry safety policies and procedures.
- Collaboratively lead project teams to achieve optimum results on projects and the highest levels of team accomplishment.
- Lead and motivate diverse teams to achieve high levels of performance. Establish and foster team environment.
- Demonstrate leadership skills with ability and willingness to effectively surmount challenges, direct others and effectively address conflicts.
- Provide stewardship for and actively engaged with company initiatives, such as recruiting, mentoring, succession planning and the development of team members for future career opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Negotiate contract terms in partnership with President or Vice President.
- Negotiate agreements with Owners and oversee negotiations with subcontractors to achieve a desirable profit margin for assumed contractual risk.
- Produce estimates, schedules, logistics plans, buyout, constructability reviews and other preconstruction deliverables as required.
- Oversee performance of project(s) including: project status, schedule, cost control and change management systems.
- Direct multiple projects in various stages of development.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect client and Company interests.
- Identify, evaluate and develop cost-effective resolution to potential construction risks and/or design deficiencies.
- Responsible for budget preparation, cost control, cash flow management, and financial tracking and reporting.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in commercial construction management, overseeing multiple, multimillion-dollar projects and negotiated-GMP commercial building projects. High-rise tower experience desired.
- Extensive experience and knowledge working with regulatory agencies throughout the critical construction process.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining high levels of performance on cost, quality and safety.
- Proven ability to manage and perform as necessary all aspects of construction operations and sales, including proposals, interviews, estimating, scheduling, cost management, buyout, contract negotiations and staff management.
- Working knowledge of BIM required.
- Proven ability to hire, develop and lead high-performance teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and project management software required; preferred Primavera (P6) or Microsoft Project. Familiarity with CMiC or other project planning tools preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in business development and sales.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative, team-based culture.
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefits.Apply Now Share