As a Project Engineer you will assist the Project Manager with the planning and daily execution of the construction project. You will be responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, maintaining schedules and budgets.
Lewis Project Engineers are integral members of project teams. They work closely with project managers, superintendents, company craftspeople and subcontractors with primary responsibilities that include cost management and quality control.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Engineering and Document Control
- Working knowledge of project estimating as it relates to assigned areas of responsibility
- Working knowledge of project schedule and assist in maintaining the project computerized schedule
- Work with Lead Project Engineer and Project Manager to prepare scope of work instructions, technical requirements and bid packages for subcontractor and vendor items
- Utilize the project management system to expedite, review and approve shop drawings, submittals and safety requirements for assigned tasks
- Distribute approved submittals to pertinent subcontractors
- Ensure that assigned materials and equipment are released for fabrication in adequate lead time to accommodate the required jobsite delivery date, designated by the Superintendent on assigned tasks; procure other materials and equipment as instructed by the Lead Project Engineer and Project Superintendent
- Obtain and check subcontractor pricing and assist in assembling change quotations as directed by the Lead Project Engineer or Project Manager
- Assist in maintaining the project files, close-out and storage of documents at completion
- Working knowledge of the contract documents to include reviewing all drawings and specifications for design inconsistencies and conflicts
- Know and understand the subcontract documents as they apply to assigned areas of responsibility
- Write field questions and expedite answers from Architect to allow the assigned components of the work to be fabricated and installed in the most efficient manner
- Assist in documenting changes, maintain project record drawings and specifications
Customer Relations and Communication
- Build effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers and user groups that reflect company core values; and meet and exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Clear communication and a collaborative approach is essential for a Project Engineer, enabling them to share information between relevant teams and trades
- Exhibit superior writing skills; review and correspond with subcontractors and vendors for assigned tasks
- Receive and distribute information on clarifications and changes in the work for areas of responsibility
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes as directed by the Lead Project Engineer or Project Manager
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field or equivalent years of experience required
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years of general contracting experience, with proven performance on large commercial building projects
- Proficiency in programs such as Revit and Bluebeam will be essential to succeed in this role
- Prior experience with MEP systems coordination and complex structure is preferred
- Creative problem solving and excellent communication skills
At Lewis where every employee is an owner, our people are empowered to make decisions—big and small—to meet the goals of our clients. Our promise: “Every Decision. Every Detail. Every Day.” means we are passionate about getting it right, day in and day out, and driven to deliver cool projects and build quality buildings that stand the test of time. With fulfillment as one of our six core values, Lewis has a collaborative and supportive culture committed to the success and development of our people.
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Apply Now Share