Lease Crutcher Lewis is seeking an Operations Assistant to join a dynamic team. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, thrive in a highly visible role where they are considered a ‘go-to’ staff member, have a strong attention to detail, and are willing to roll up their sleeves in order to complete time sensitive tasks.
Lewis’ Operations Assistants are integral members of project teams as well as the Portland home office. They often work behind the scenes to ensure that all functions of the project site run smoothly. Operations Assistants work closely with Superintendents, Project Managers, Project Engineers, field craft workers, and subcontractors. Their primary duties involve job site management and administration. Occasionally, Operations Assistants may perform more specialized functions. This positions reports to the Controller.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Site and Systems Management
- Assist the Project Manager & Superintendent in locating job site office and help to determine final office layout.
- Liaise with the IT department to assist in the setup of the job site office (phones, furniture, equipment, supplies, etc.), as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Greet job site visitors when working onsite.
- Manage the job site’s petty cash account per Lewis standards.
- Order office supplies and organize maintenance for office equipment, as necessary.
- Assist in event planning for projects as needed.
- Assist in setting up the project management system.
- Set up SafetyNet for job site and populate with job team and other necessary information for access to safety audits.
- Prepare job site closeout documentation. Prepare operations and maintenance manuals and warranties from all subs that need to be received, tracked, organized and then distributed to the owners.
- Assist the Project Manager with compiling owner billing.
- Process & compile owner change orders for execution and send out Subcontractor change orders when executed OCO is received as directed by Project Manager.
- Process and send Subcontracts electronically for execution.
- Update project management system and AP files with status of Subcontracts and insurance certificates.
- Review and track subcontractor insurance certificates for compliance with contract requirements.
Customer Relations and Communication
- Process and mail internal & external correspondence including coordinating courier services.
- Take meeting minutes for Owner and subcontractor meetings if required or type meeting notes from Project Engineer or Project Manager.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Minimum two years’ construction administrative experience is preferred.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to function effectively as part of a team and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to manage time as well as, organizational and complex problem-solving skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work with others. We believe that happy people make for a fun and productive culture.
- Initial assignment will be based primarily in the main office with occasional project site visits.
- When on site, company standard personal protective equipment and proper clothing for climactic conditions is required.
- Travelling to other Lewis job sites for meetings is required.
- Work hours will generally match the project team’s hours of operation.
Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefitsApply Now Share