The Human Resources Manager is a key role for Lewis’ Washington Division. This position will be responsible to support leadership in all facets of the people services functions, including workforce planning, talent acquisition, employee engagement, employee training and development programs, HR systems, employee analytics, and employment practices and compliance.
As a key member of the team, the HR Manager will be responsible for hands-on, block-and-tackle HR responsibilities such as full-cycle recruitment for hard-to-fill positions; best practices management training; and, the implementation of proactive employee engagement initiatives. Other responsibilities will include program delivery of merit and bonus programs, performance management, and employee benefits. This role will be responsible to manage employee relations and compliance issues.
As a continuous learning organization, this role will support key orientation and onboarding processes and trainings aligned with Lewis’ Values, Guiding Principles and Business Planning Objectives. This position will also be responsible to mentor and develop other team members in both direct and matrixed reporting relationships.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. PHR or SPHR certification preferred. Experience working with labor unions is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative team required. General construction and/or industry experience is preferred. People management experience a plus.
- Ability to partner with leadership, communicate successfully with all levels of the business and a broad general understanding of the business function is required.
- Advanced knowledge of employment practices, policies and procedures is required. Experience coaching and advising leaders in all areas of sound HR management as well as demonstrated knowledge of state and federal labor laws, is required.
- Experience leading initiatives/projects in a collaborative approach is essential to the success of the position. Ability to develop trust, exhibit empathy and understand business principles is critical.
- Mature, grounded approach with strong interpersonal communication skills are critical to the success of the position.
- Must have ability travel to construction projects and occasional out of town travel is required.
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefits.Apply Now Share