At Lewis, safety is not only a department. It is not an individual. It is not a field issue. Every Lewis employee is personally accountable for protecting ourselves and our co-workers from harm, and mutually committed to safe execution. Safety is Lewis’ #1 value and we are committed to zero incidents on all projects.
Lewis is seeking an experienced foreman to join our site team(s) in a highly visible leadership role. The foreman must be seeking an opportunity to work in partnership with Lewis and be eager to join a team where you will become entrenched in the fabric of the site crew. This position reports to the Superintendent, and is a non-exempt, union position.
As a foreman you will be responsible for overseeing Lewis’ direct work in the field, hand-in-hand with the Superintendent. You will ensure the site team executes the construction project in a timely and cost efficient manner while meeting all applicable code as well as contract requirements.
A commitment to training is essential in a Lewis foreman. Lewis will provide opportunities for Foremen to further their education, formally or informally, on many different fronts, including craft training, management education, technical education, human relations and communications.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Site Specific Duties
- Plan the jobsite tasks for the crew and optimize the team to achieve and maintain maximum craft productivity while ensuring labor and material costs are kept to a minimum
- Ensure you regularly review the most up-to-date work plan and provide input to the Superintendent for short interval work schedules; demonstrate the ability to look four weeks into the future and plan ahead
- Coordinate, direct and monitor the activities of all assigned subcontractors
- Maintain the tools and equipment in top working condition; participate alongside the Superintendent in the jobsite inventory and maintenance systems
- Develop and maintain production targets, or a work package program, for all assigned work activities. Understand the cost codes, budgets and procedures for effective cost control
- Support and enforce the site safety plan along with the Site Safety Coordinator
- Ensure the Superintendent is informed at all times regarding any issues pertaining to site safety
- Perform jobsite cleanup on a daily basis as it becomes necessary
- Manage the optimum crew size and make adjustments as needed to maintain top crew performance
- Prepare and submit time sheets for all site crew members; ensure staff names, number of hours worked, cost coding and narrative of the work performed is accurate
- Hold regular toolbox meetings with site staff to outline workforce planning
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- 2+ years in a foreman role within the construction industry
- Must be a journeyman with experience in a related trade
- Computer proficiency required; experience with SafetyNet or other safety tracking and reporting systems is preferred
- Technical knowledge of the following is preferred: asbestos exposure, lead exposure, flammable storage, hazardous waste operations and emergency response (hazwoper), respirator fit training, equipment: crane, scissor lift, boom lift, forklift, rigging/signaling, fall protection, confined space, scaffolding, trench/excavation, blood-borne pathogens, electrical safety, defensive driving and flagging
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification is required
- OSHA 30 certification is required
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Bluebeam, Smartsheet, ProCore, time card work package and scheduling software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with ability to work and communicate effectively with a workforce of diverse backgrounds, education and experience level
- Strong attention to detail and ability to resolve complex problems
- Ability to work independently as well as being a team player
- The ability to write pre-task plans, JHA and work plans
- Accountable and dependable
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to collect and interpret data and apply it in a practical approach
- Responsive to jobsite needs and/or concerns
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Apply Now Share