As the Director of VDC, you will develop and implement a vision for using building information models and related technologies to transform the design and construction industry, delivering better outcomes for our internal and external customers.
You will lead an internal business unit of talented VDC professionals, delivering 3-D modeling, clash detection, work packages, augmented/virtual reality and other technologies in support of the company’s estimating, planning, design development and construction efforts.
You will regularly interact with clients, industry collaborators, internal stakeholders and company leaders. This requires a demonstrated history of developing professional and effective relationships across varying perspective and organizational levels. Your client base is primarily internal users of virtual design services including marketing, estimating, safety and operations. You will sometimes work with external partners, like Architects, Subcontractors, to deliver VDC services in an integrated way.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full responsibility for performance of the business unit including sales, profit and loss, employee management, and customer satisfaction.
- Supervise VDC Coordinators and Detailers and oversee all aspects of the services being delivered
- Meet with Architects and Engineers at the beginning of projects. Develop the process and procedures necessary to assure a collaborative and efficient delivery of BIM content for the project.
- Develop a systemized approach to innovation that includes selective experimentation, proof of concept, and integration into core services.
- Develop strategic training programs (using internal and external resources) to assure workforce has all the skills necessary to perform at an exceptional level.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Experience working in Architecture, Engineering and/or Construction field using Revit and Navisworks.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency, including Revit, Navisworks, Bluebeam (Project and Studio), AutoCAD, SketchUp or Formit360, A360, Point Layout and Microsoft Office
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to lead teams and complex projects.
- Strong people management and communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to the Lean process.
- Must possess an innovative mindset with the ability and desire to participate in research and development of new technology to further Lewis VDC team efforts.
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Apply Now Share