In this key role, you will partner with executive leadership and project teams to provide guidance on matters related to risk management, insurance and contracts management. As a leader in our company, you will develop a mastery of the operational processes and details related to Lewis’ insurance and risk management programs.
You will oversee our subcontractor pre-qualification system, ensure subcontractor compliance with Company requirements for insurance certificates and serve as the primary internal resources for our bonding and subcontractor default insurance programs.
The Director will maintain standard contract templates and contract review/approval practices, as well as advising on the negotiation of owner contracts, subcontracts and supply agreements. The position is located in our Seattle office, reporting to our CFO. This position requires periodic travel to Portland and visits at regional job sites.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with executive leadership, you will conduct risk assessments affecting the business and create strategies to manage risks. You will develop management controls to prevent and mitigate contract and insurance risks.
- You will develop corporate risk management strategy and serve as central point of contact for the development and maintenance of contracts with owners, subcontractors and other vendors.
- You will recommend sound decisions in risk control, mitigation and avoidance and will support operations leadership with risk management issues.
- In this role, you will provide contract management support to executive leadership, project directors, project executives and program teams.
- You will act as a liaison between employees, projects, subcontractors and insurance agents to ensure compliance with company policies and processes for risk management and loss control, and will protect company interests by ensuring that project claims and disputes are appropriately managed.
- In concert with leadership, you will manage insurance and legal claims mitigating risk and exposure through insightful, experienced consultation.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business, finance or relevant/related field is required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in a professional environment with increasing levels of responsibility and complexity.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Risk Manager or Commercial Insurance Account Administrator. Construction industry experience preferred; Professional Risk Manager (PRM) certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of risk assessment and control, owner and subcontract agreements, subcontractor prequalification and risk mitigation.
- Ability to travel between Seattle and Portland offices, as well as making periodic visits to regional jobsites in the greater Seattle metro area and Oregon.
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefits.Apply Now Share