At Lewis where an employee is an owner, our people are empowered to make decisions—big and small—to meet the goals of our clients. Our promise: “Every Decision. Every Detail. Every Day.” means we are passionate about getting it right, day in and day out, and driven to deliver cool projects and build quality buildings that stand the test of time. With fulfillment as one of our six core values, Lewis has a collaborative and supportive culture committed to the success and development of our people.
Traditionally, design documents have been prepared by the Architect and their design consultants through four primary phases of development: programming, schematic, design development, and contract documents. In today’s demanding and dynamic world, design documentation is more often driven by procurement and permitting milestones. Additionally, design-build trade partners are doing an increasing amount of design development through their fabrication documents. To speed delivery, improve quality and collaboration, reduce redundancies, and create more opportunities for pre-fabrication, the design and construction process must become more integrated.
WHO WE ARE SEEKING…..
A thought leader, integrator and manager who can seize this opportunity, drive value for our clients, and transform the way the industry delivers projects. To realize this vision, the ideal candidate is:
Experienced. You have a strong understanding of both the design and construction processes and have successfully delivered projects using collaborative and integrated methodologies.
Passionate. You are passionate about the built environment. You love getting your boots dirty and supporting our men and women in the field so they can successfully deliver the designer’s vision for the project.
Change Agent. You understand our clients’ goals and drive value through innovation and creativity. You successfully communicate new ideas with enthusiasm, inspiring others to create a better future.
Collaborative. You respect the expertise and contributions of every team member and provide the leadership, systems and process to achieve extraordinary outcomes, as a team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW…..
The Design Build Preconstruction Manager will help differentiate Lewis externally as a thought leader, industry expert, creative thinker, and innovator. You’ll strategically engage in project pursuits, proposal responses, and interviews across multiple market sectors. You l lead teams through design development, permitting, estimating, scheduling and project planning.
- Align the entire design and construction team around our clients’ definition of success. Coordinate the efforts of the team to deliver program objectives, schedule milestones, budget targets and other common goals.
- Plan and manage an efficient design process that consistently delivers complete, coordinated, and buildable designs for our craftspeople. Optimize design deliverables to achieve permitting milestones, phased procurement of trade partners and prefabrication opportunities. Define “level of design” responsibilities between design professionals and trade partners optimizing each’s expertise and eliminating redundancies.
- Develop comprehensive project schedule through pull-planning sessions with the design team and trade partners. Hold team partners accountable to their collective commitments.
- Identify and manage project risks collectively as a team including financing, budget, schedule, constructability and procurement risks.
- Incorporate the wisdom of our builders into thoughtful constructability, means and methods, logistics, phasing, scheduling, sequencing, hoisting and safety considerations that drive early decisions and optimize our projects.
Ensure a seamless transition from preconstruction to construction. Maintain connectivity throughout construction and closeout, confirming that project teams understand and execute preconstruction’s planning. Track actual performance metric against plan and incorporate the data into our future planning and budgeting efforts.
WHAT WE OFFER….
- A highly collaborative and entrepreneurial organization that provides the stage to make an impact on day one
- A uniquely talented, highly diverse, passionate, and fun team
- A group of individuals who love to learn and discover new things
- A long legacy of commitment to our people and our community
- Competitive benefits and career development opportunities