The primary responsibility of the Cost Engineer is to establish and maintain cost control processes through the construction phase of the commercial construction projects. This position will prepare monthly payment requisitions and provide technical assistance to the project teams with accurate cost forecasting and cost control methodologies. Cost administration requires expertise in project cost management which will include cost forecasting, cost control and risk analysis.
In this role, the Cost Engineer will work collaboratively with the Operations Teams and Accounting to find the optimum balance between cost, quality, schedule delivery, resource and risk management. Project analysis and reporting will be provided to the Operations Teams with the goal of optimizing resources and providing intelligence for critical decision-making. This position will report to the Senior Project Manager and/or Project Executive.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Costing and Reporting
- Analyze, monitor, review and cost code invoices and project purchase orders.
- Ensure regular tracking of quantities; track and review results with project team and update reports monthly
- Update and maintain the Schedule of Values and ensure totals balance with Spectrum Accounting estimate amount
- Monitor costs and progress; complete coding or review the coding of timesheets, invoices and pay applications for accuracy; work with the Superintendent, Foreman and Project Manager to ensure adequate tracking of quantities and production on a weekly basis
- Analyze weekly costs and labor productivity reports; identify risks and opportunities for improving the likelihood of a successful outcome
- Assist project team in the identification, cost estimation and documentation of scope changes; facilitate the process of assembling scope change documentation and presentation to clients
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, certificate in Construction Management, and 2+ years of experience in relevant commercial construction experience is required (equivalent years of work experience can apply)
- Experience in subcontract and Owner change order management experience is also required
- Broad understanding of the construction business and processes including construction estimating for defined scope of work, as well as the ability to understand the project scope, commercial construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to monitor and interpret schedules and other project changes, forecasting their impact on project costs
- Understanding of project risk management concepts
- Computer knowledge and proficiency required; experience with Spectrum Accounting Software is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to function effectively as part of a team; maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Must have strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving abilities and strong attention to detail
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefits.Apply Now Share