The Construction Scheduler supports Divisional sales, project planning and project execution by ensuring construction project schedules are prepared accurately, consistently, and with an appropriate level of detail.
The level of involvement in each schedule will vary depending upon the availability and expertise of the preconstruction/project team. Individual efforts could include any or all of the following: Complete development of the schedule with input from the team, training and education, supporting and coaching the team’s development of the schedule, and auditing their final work product. This positions reports to the Director of Preconstruction.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish the company standard scheduling software system(s). Maintain licensing agreements.
- Prepare tools and templates for schedules ensuring a professionally branded and consistent look and simplifies the schedule development process.
- Train staff with scheduling theory, scheduling software and schedule updating methods.
- Maintain company intranet with scheduling forms, tools, templates and instructions.
- Support project teams as necessary to prepare schedules for proposals, in a sufficient amount of detail to confidently establish the critical path and overall project duration.
- Prepare “executive summary” schedules to be inserted into our proposals and used as a visual aid during interviews.
Preconstruction Schedules and Construction Schedules
- Support project team as necessary to prepare preconstruction schedules that provide a high level of detail for design work, permitting processes, early buyout and submittals.
- Further develop construction schedule detail to show critical milestones, major equipment durations, and critical interdependencies.
- Support the project team to develop a comprehensive construction schedule that includes the following areas:
- Is based on the critical path method of scheduling.
- Has a reasonable level of detail for the master schedule while still allowing short interval schedules to be developed in the field by the foremen.
- Includes a section for critical project milestones to allow senior management to assess schedule performance quickly via a milestone variance analysis.
- Shows all trades work so they can properly plan for manpower, material and equipment requirements.
- Is fundamentally sound with proper predecessors, successors, unconstrained activities, clear critical path, defined float, etc.
Construction Schedule Updating
- Support the project team with formal monthly updates of the schedule that clearly reflect the original plan as compared to the actual performance.
- Schedule updates should provide a chronological story that can be used for historical data purposes and provide clear documentation for claims purposes.
Short Internal Schedules
- Train, coach and facilitate as necessary the use of pull-planning methods for the development of short interval schedules.
- Train, coach and facilitate as necessary measurement of “Planned Percent Complete” and root cause analysis of factors impacting schedule reliability.
Other duties include maintaining library of historical productivity rates, identify, assess and maintain relationships with third party scheduling resources, maintaining communication with Lewis Divisional offices to assure standards are uniformly applied companywide, and train your replacement. Other duties as assigned.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 10 years of Commercial Construction experience preferred.
- Effective communicator and presenter.
- Works well in team environments.
- Technical competency with Primavera and Microsoft scheduling software.
- Familiarity with Asta and Synchro preferred.
- Working knowledge of schedule management on large complex projects.
- Working knowledge of Building Information Modeling and 4D analysis.
- Working knowledge of Estimating as it relates to productivity rates.
A positive attitude and willingness to work with others. We believe that happy people make for a fun and productive culture.Apply Now Share