A 100% employee-owned company, Lease Crutcher Lewis has developed a fulfilled culture of builders over the last 137 years. We are growing, and we are excited to be on the search for a Superintendent to join us!
As a Superintendent, you will lead the construction performance of commercial field operations which includes monitoring all field procedures, safety, work methods, productivity, quality, labor cost projections and subcontractor staffing requirements. You will provide leadership and serve as the liaison with project team members and clients, as well as demonstrate the characters of a Lewis Leader.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the consistent practice of Lewis’ Safety Culture as part of the daily operating procedures
- Ensures daily inspections, JHA’s, Pre-Task Planning, Toolbox Talks, RCA’s, etc. are standard operating procedure
- Addresses lack of accountability or alignment to Lewis’ Safety Culture quickly and appropriately
- Manage field projects of the field and internal teams to ensure that projects are delivered safely, on time, on budget, and with high-quality results
- Ensures project schedules, site logistics and client schedule commitments are met
- Provide constructability reviews and site logistics development
- Perform safety audits and address safety concerns as they arise
Leadership and Communication
- Recruit, mentor, develop and retain the best Foreman and tradespeople in the industry
- Mentor and develop Foreman and Craft Labor in their career growth with Lewis
- Champion company initiatives and communications to field teams on a consistent and regular basis
- Manages conflict well, finding the cause of issues and providing prompt solutions
- Addresses performance issues decisively and objectively
- Utilize technologies (ProCore, SurTrack, BlueBeam, etc.) to optimize work product and create efficiencies
- Stay informed of and updated, to report on new construction technologies
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Minimum of 5 years relevant general contracting experience leading commercial construction projects
- Minimum 3 years relevant general contracting experience leading data center or similar projects
- Mastery of building processes and best practices is required; familiarity with all types of structural buildings is essential
- Ability to organize necessary resources, people, processes, time and tools to meet tight schedules, client expectations and conflicting priorities to achieve desired results
- Ability to master project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite, BlueBeam, and SurTrak
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, with a strong focus on audience appropriate business writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrate integrity consistent with the Lease Crutcher Lewis which includes Safety, which is Lewis’ #1 value
- Strong leadership qualities, self-motivated and a team player
- Strong problem-solving skills; Deadline and detail-oriented
This position requires work on active commercial construction sites.
A 100% employee-owned general contractor, LEWIS offers a comprehensive healthcare plan with medical, dental, and vision coverage. Our employer-funded Lifestyle Spending Account supports physical wellness for employees and their pets, and our employer-funded Headspace membership supports mental wellness. We also offer a generous Health Savings Account with annual employer sponsored contributions. LEWIS provides support for a financially healthy future, including our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (enrollment covered at no cost to you) and a 401(k) with a competitive matching program. To support employee philanthropic efforts, employees are eligible for volunteer PTO and charitable giving matching programs. Other, position-specific perks may apply.
Apply Now Share