WHAT WE OFFER
Lewis is a passionate company of builders located in Portland and Seattle. This position operates out of our downtown Portland office. We have a talented accounting team who are well respected within our organization, and our new Accounting Manager will lead the team with the support of our Corporate Controller. Lewis core values are centered around trust, respect, and fulfillment; we make every effort to make sure everyone has the ability to do their best work every day.
WHAT WE NEED
You’ll report directly to our Corporate Controller and manage a small and highly effective team. You’ll be primarily responsible for financial and management analysis and report generation, internal and external audit activities, and direct supervision and training of team members. You’ll utilize your attention to detail, leadership abilities, and strong accounting experience every day as a valued member of our Portland Office.
WHAT YOU DO (for the most part)
- Supervise and train accounting team members
- Prepare year-end financial statements, related footnotes, audit confirmations, work papers and supporting schedule for the Portland Office
- Maintain general ledger and chart of accounts and system-generated financial statements
- Assist Corporate Controller in performing business process analysis with a focus on automation and efficiency
- Assist in enforcing record retention guidelines and other department-wide policies as needed
- Perform monthly account analysis and prepare work papers in support of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement closes
- Prepare financial statements for Portland Office and the entire Lewis operation as needed
- Job cost, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and substantiations/owner contract administration
EXPERIENCE YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of recent, relevant accounting management experience
- AEC industry experience strongly preferred.
- In-depth understanding of GAAP accounting practices
- Ability to adapt to multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills, superior numerical aptitude, and attention to detail
- High attention to detail, strong organization skills, and ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and a natural desire to collaborate across departments
- Must thrive working independently with minimal supervision and working closely with an inter-disciplinary team, depending on project needs
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive compensation and benefitsApply Now Share