Lease Crutcher Lewis has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Manager in our Seattle office.
In this role you will be responsible for actively demonstrated commitment to the Lease Crutcher Lewis core mission, values, workplace safety and service culture. Reporting to the Seattle Controller, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for direct supervision and training of the staff accountants and accounting specialists for financial and management reporting, billings and substantiations, and job cost. This individual must be an excellent communicator, team player and problem solver.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Management Reporting/Financial Reporting & Analysis:
- Supervise and train staff accountants and accounting specialists for financial and management reporting, billing and substantiations, and job cost.
- Hire and maintain staff levels to accommodate department workload.
- Perform monthly account analysis and prepare work papers in support of monthly and quarterly financial statements closes.
- Prepare financial statement closes, and statements for the Seattle operating entity and ownership entity.
- Prepare year-end financial statements, related footnotes, audit confirmations, work papers and supporting schedules for the Seattle operating entity and ownership entities. Be available to respond to audit inquiries and resolve audit exceptions promptly.
- Maintain the general ledger and chart of accounts and system-generated financial statements.
- Prepare management reports and ad hoc or special reports and analysis as needed.
- Assist in ESOP accounting transactions, insurance schedule preparation and other tax analysis as needed.
- Supervise the filing of required excise and B&O tax returns with the State of Washington and other local municipalities and make timely tax payments.
- Assist in demanding record retention guidelines and other department-wide policies as needed.
- Hold responsibility for the job cost accounting system.
- Ensure required documentation is obtained prior to opening a project and that project set-up information is accurately input into the accounting system.
- Ensure that project cost information is accurately captured in the accounting system.
- Distribute project cost reports as necessary to appropriate project team members and senior management.
- Provide oversight on the reconciliation of construction-in-process (CIP) general ledger accounts on a quarterly basis (or as needed) and journalize costs to appropriate financial statement categories.
- Supervise the preparation of work-in-process schedules (WIP) on a quarterly basis (or as needed), ensuring necessary accruals have been included. Reconcile with related general ledger accounts.
- Assist in training Project Managers (PM) on the use of the Spectrum PM user module.
- Respond to special requests for system and/or ad hoc reports, primarily as requested by PMs and/or Project Engineers (PE).
Billings & Substantiations/Owner Contract Administration:
- Hold responsibility for the accounts receivable accounting system.
- Provide oversight in the review of customer billings for accuracy and assign invoice numbers as required. Maintain log of invoice numbers issued.
- Ensure customer set-up information and customer billing information are captured accurately in the accounting system.
- Issue aged receivables report to senior project management. Follow up with project management on the status of open receivables, billing activity and lien expiration dates.
- Prepare interim and final project substantiations on General Maximum Price contracts, including detailed reviews of contract terms; prepare the final billing and supporting documentation for the cost components; and determine and record final project cost adjustments as necessary to comply with the contract terms.
- Interface with auditors in owner-initiated project audits.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in business required, with emphasis in accounting or finance.
- CMA or CPA certification helpful, but not necessary.
- Minimum five years of supervisory and management experience.
- Experience with networked accounting and information systems required.
- Good interpersonal and writing skills required. Effective communicator at all levels in the organization, from project engineer to CEO.
- Ability to adapt to multiple tasks and changing priorities. Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Effective at managing transaction-oriented process. Must be able to plan and organize.
- Self-starter and independent worker.
- Strong analytical skills, superior numerical aptitudes and attention to detail.
- Good computer skills and ability to adapt to new software packages. Experience with Spectrum construction accounting software, Crystal reports and/or database management programs preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required, including knowledge of queries and pivot tables.
REQUIRED CHARACTER QUALITIES
- TEAM PLAYER – Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with people, internal and external clients, and the Accounting Team at large.
- QUALITY – Ensures quality of work product, giving attention to detail.
- DECISIVENESS – Makes timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness, and backs decisions with strong rationale from careful evaluation.
- BIG-PICTURE PERSPECTIVE – Ability to see big picture and granular detail, and to tie those together to fulfill departmental and organizational goals.
- INITIATIVE – Ability to move initiatives, follow through and get it done.
- DEPENDABILITY – Consistently fulfill commitments, even if it means additional time and effort.
- ENTHUSIASM – Can-do attitude and commitment to give the best effort.
Lease Crutcher Lewis offers competitive pay and benefits.Apply Now Share