At Lewis where an employee is an owner, our people are empowered to make decisions—big and small—to meet the goals of our clients. Our promise: “Every Decision. Every Detail. Every Day.” means we are passionate about getting it right, day in and day out, and driven to deliver cool projects and build quality buildings that stand the test of time. With fulfillment as one of our six core values, Lewis has a collaborative and supportive culture committed to the success and development of our people.
The Corporate Controller is responsible for overall financial management and implementation of accounting infrastructure and business applications. They will actively demonstrate strong commitment to and alignment with Lease Crutcher Lewis’ core Purpose, Values, and service culture. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position has oversight of company-wide Accounting operations and supervision of enterprise financial departments and staff. This role is a member of the Portland and Seattle Leadership Teams participating in monthly management meetings and annual business/strategic planning sessions.
Who We Are Seeking…
An excellent communicator, teammate, and problem solver. This person will partner with executive leadership and functional/operational teams to provide financial oversight, reporting and strategic planning.
Strategic. You have a strong understanding of financial forecasting and analyses, leading risk management initiatives and technology projects. You’ve supported benefit programs, and policy enforcement and compliance to guarantee sound financial decisions and departmental integrity.
Dependable. You ensure precise financial reporting, submit taxes on time, coordinate audits, and lead team management and initiatives. From overseeing insurance to guiding compliance and enforcing policies, your reliability is vital across these multifaceted responsibilities.
Team leader. You love collaboration. You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work both internally and externally with clients and partners. You show passion, conviction and enthusiasm while helping reach department and company goals.
- Ensures accurate financial statements and reports; collaborates with CFO for forecasts and business analysis.
- Manages tax reporting accuracy and coordinates external audits.
- Reviews and approves team assignments; oversees transaction processing.
- Collaborates on insurance, leads finance-related tech initiatives, and manages idle funds.
- Manages enterprise payroll processing; supports annual salary reviews and bonuses.
- Oversees award funding, accounting, and payments for various incentive plans.
- Administers Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401(k) plans; ensures compliance and facilitates audits.
- Serves on ESOP and 401(k) committees; supports annual valuations.
- Guides financial decisions through policies, ensuring internal controls and efficient transactions.
- Develops and ensures compliance with regulatory reporting and record retention guidelines.
What We Offer
- A highly collaborative and entrepreneurial organization that provides the stage to make an impact on day one.
- A group of individuals who love to learn and discover new things.
- A long legacy of commitment to our people and our community.
- Competitive benefits and career development opportunities.
A 100% employee-owned general contractor, Lewis offers a comprehensive healthcare plan with medical, dental, and vision coverage. Our employer-funded Lifestyle Spending Account supports physical wellness for employees and their pets, and our employer-funded Headspace membership supports mental wellness. We also offer a generous Health Savings Account with annual employer sponsored contributions. Lewis provides support for a financially healthy future, including our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (enrollment covered at no cost to you) and a 401(k) with a competitive matching program. To support employee philanthropic efforts, employees are eligible for volunteer PTO and charitable giving matching programs. Other, position-specific perks may apply.
Wage range: $159,629 – $225,000 + discretionary bonus, depending on experience.
Lease Crutcher Lewis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of, and will not be discriminated against, based on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. #FP1Apply Now Share