Lewis brings deep capability to self-perform work, greatly benefiting our clients in cost, schedule, and quality.
There are many reasons for this. We avoid duplicating costs such as jobsite offices and supervisory staff, and avoid subcontractor markups. We hire and keep the best union craftspeople to ensure quality. Keeping entire crews together helps maintain team chemistry and productivity. We can ensure availability much more easily than with third-party subcontractors.
We often self-perform:
- Layout and field engineering
- Forensic demolition and investigation
- Temporary construction
- Concrete forming, placing, and finishing
- Precast concrete installation
- Rough carpentry
- Finish carpentry
- Doors, frames, and hardware installation
- Miscellaneous structural steel installation
- Miscellaneous iron installation
Lewis is so cost effective that we routinely bid as a subcontractor on public negotiated work and win.