Lincoln High School renovation/addition now totals 7 major awards
Tacoma’s Lincoln High School reopened to great fanfare in 2007, beautifully renovated and expanded. Accolades from the Lincoln community have been joined by a remarkable array of design and construction awards – seven so far. Seven awards is truly remarkable. The project has nearly “run the table” of potential awards.
The AGC and NWCCC awards are focused on construction excellence. Lease Crutcher Lewis, the general contractor / construction manager (GC/CM), nominated the project for these. The project won because it excelled in the criteria – safety, community involvement, sustainability, quality, teamwork, innovation, and other factors, such as the completion 2.5 weeks early.
Other awards focused on design, led by DLR Group.
- Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Washington, Construction Excellence Awards, state’s best remodel / tenant improvement over $5,000,000
- Northwest Construction Consumer Council (NWCCC), Distinguished Project Awards, Northwest’s best public project over $10,000,000
- Washington State Council of Educational Facility Planners International (CEFPI), Lee J. Brockway Award
- CEFPI, Pacific Northwest Honorable Mention Citation, best education environment
- Building Design & Construction Magazine, national bronze award in annual Reconstruction issue
- Masonry Institute of Washington, honor award
- American Institute of Architects (AIA), American Association of School Administrators (AASA), CEFPI, national Shirley Cooper Award for best school design in America